Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Preparation Begins

Thank You for Your Support, as I have been able to follow through with some of the major necessities for this journey:

One way ticket to Mumbai -- Yes.
Vaccines -- Check.
One year visa for India -- Done.
Finding a handful of clothing for my first week -- Funny thing being a Westerner in a very Western store trying to find clothes to fit into another world.

So far all of these details have been the easiest to take on. They are concrete and have a beginning and an end.

Up ahead -- to breathe more fully, rest more fully, allow the fear to creep in, continue to reach out to loved ones, take a teacher friend's offer to sit in on her 5th grade class and review her materials, continue reading Phil Cousineau's book, The Art of Pilgrimage, practice my Hindi (I don't speak a lick).

From the beginning, something much bigger than I has been the driving force behind this undertaking. Understanding this has been the best preparation of all. For when I truly stand in this awareness, I am able to acknowledge that it is not about me. May I be of service.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad it is all coming together for you! :o)

Unknown said...

I am way so envious, but happy for you Elizabeth!
Enjoy the beautyiful people of India
Luis (a jealous Cuban)

Anonymous said...

india too bad

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I have an indian friend who found your blog and its helping me learn hindi :)

Post a Comment