Sunday, August 15, 2010

Worth a Thousand Words...

Our science experiment: can carbon dioxide (air) power a boat?






Two birthday parties in the same evening. Sagri's 11th Birthday was first, then Shravani's 15th.













Scooter with Shruti...


At school. Playtime, and the viewers.


On the left is the students' growing art gallery. Also, they LOVE balloons.


Friendship day. Celebrated August 1st. Bracelets are tied between friends.


The Magdums. My new Indian family. On the left, we are getting Shavani ready for school on her birthday. The right: craft time.


On Saturdays I travel to Nippani, to a youth hostel 2 hours away. I teach an English lesson to the 32 students. The ride there is SO green. This day, we celebrated Laxmi's birthday at the end of the lesson. My heart melts pretty often here. Especially at the amazement that lack of language is only a minor issue.






On the left, is just following a local cell phone commercial advertisement shoot (a random happening, as looking different is good for business). My yoga teacher is on the left. The photo on the right, at the Magdum's. Sino, the golden one, is my new dear friend.



Friendship day. I made flowery bracelets on the spot, as each neighbor dropped in.


These last photos are a mix from around home or at the outdoor market.








For the time being, I may not be carrying on a ticker-tape of the happenings. I am trusting a current internal gravitational pull away from the internet. However, my camera is a near and dear companion, along with my journal.

I am learning to make friends with my heart, my digestive system, experiences of fear and tension, my spirit, and also my community.

I send warm and fulfilling thanks to all of the support sent through the airwaves. Some days as I sense some kind of unwinding, or winding up, I trust it is others' thoughts and well wishing. Just the other day, I pictured some of you. Sitting in my room. Exchanging big hugs. So sustaining.

The days you feel a cool breeze pass you, a strength in your heart, or some restful sleep -- it may be my prayers being sent out. This practice keeps me company more than words could ever explain. It also helps me to realize that love, home, and strength is anywhere I am. Living through the spirit of being.


This last video is a little slice of an evening in the neighborhood. I live in the part of Sangli that was built up in the last 20 years or so. A little quieter and open. In the city center, it is wall to wall houses, history, people, everything. And Sangli is about 10 times the size I had anticipated. About the size of Berkeley, CA -- but feels more like Oakland's eclectic mix (only all of this is in India).



xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment