Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Butterfly Came to Visit

A Butterfly came to visit me at the park yesterday.

I had stopped moving. Sat under a tall palm, in a grass covered area.

Large, black and blue. It fluttered for some time. I recognized this flight pattern. Getting close to where you will land, rest. Then rise up again, flutter some more.

Finally, I come to a place that resembles all the other spots I had previously investigated. But something in me was different when I found my landing ground.

Wings spread out. To rest.

I stayed there watching for some time. Slow movements of the wings. Sitting. Waiting.

I too was doing the same.

So much has culminated in my being able to rest in this new landing ground of life.

I recently passed a construction sign written in English that said it best:
"Work in Progress
Go Slow"

I took these words in with a deep breath. A simple sign, with simple instructions. So true in meaning.

I find gratitude here, now.

1 comment:

Post a Comment